Sweet sweet music

Every muso has their favourite tunes, every fat kid has their favourite cakes and every petrol-head has their favourite engines.

These are my favourites and favourite examples. I think I'll start with the biggest and finish with the smallest.


Hemi V8: This is Jimmy White's Hemi coupe. The idle alone is enough to make you tingle but when he puts the hammer down it sounds like Satan's angry mother is under his right foot.




1JZ turbo straight 6: Bonbon's old JZX81. 500bhp of home built drift championship winning weaponry driven with some good ol' UK manfoot.




S20I6 N/A straight 6: Hakosuka Skyline GTR. This will forever sit in my list of dream cars to drive. The most I've managed so far is sitting in a parked one, giggling like a school girl. One day though..




SR20DET: It's no revelation to say that a good sounding SR is a rare thing but, this SR, freshly built and tuned by by garage BOSO for Patrick Mordaunt sounds the fucking tits!




4AGE: I can't even remember how I found this little video. It's one half in-car, one half outside and just a really good example of a AE86 being driven like it should.




A12: This little thing blows my mind. Tomei must have some kind of black magic going on with this engine because if the figures in the video are to be believed this little carbed 1.3 from the 70s is kicking out a whopping 170ps. It seems so responsive and yeah.. sounds fucking awesome.